MAFIA IX - Terran/Zerg Mafia! FINISHED

Moderator: Milldawg

ShadowFlare
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig

Re: MAFIA IX - Terran/Zerg Mafia! NIGHT ONE

Post by ShadowFlare »

Arcan wrote: That's like saying, "Thank god that person turned out to be a serial killer, because I just set them on fire and tore out their kidneys." We didn't know he was an Infested Terran until after the fact.
Well, not exactly.  There would have been at least one person who sort of knew before Milldawg announced the results, assuming they had checked the thread again before then.
Don't point that camera at me!
CDLVII
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester

Post by CDLVII »

!?

I vote for Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarcan
Lol Die
AA7Dragoon
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by AA7Dragoon »

Well done, Murdermaster.  You set us on the right track.  Aekenon's behavior was strangely questionable.  Either he was infested, or a civilian as his reckless mannerisms hinted at no responsibility as to discovering the true identities of the Infested Terrans.  Although regretful, his death focused us on Drums of War, the truly infested one.  At the same time, lines have been drawn, and the discovery of the remaining infested terrans is nearly complete.  It is at this point, I wish to move onto the next phase of strategy:

It is now time to reveal our roles.  With the exception of the Ghost, Medic, and Science Vessel, everyone should identify who they are.  For the remaining three who must stay anonymous at this time, simply reply, "Role Sensitive."  This will signal to the Medic and Science Vessel to protect you.  This strategy will lead us to the discovery of the remaining Infested Terrans.

At this time, I have compiled a list:
Confirmed Innocent
Aekenon - Civilian
Murdermasterx - Marine
Mucky - N/A

Confirmed Infested
DrumsofWar - Broodling Infested Terran

Presumed Innocent
Thalraxal - First to vote against DoW after Aekenon was shot.  No reason to suspect him and turn against his own.  Mucky was 2nd.
Arcan - 4th to vote against DrumsofWar.  Defining vote.  If Infested were to swing against own, it would be a much later vote.  Also, DoW voted to lynch him beforehand.
AA7Dragoon - This is under my perspective, and I believe, at this point, you feel the same.

Remaining Suspects
CDLVII - voted with DrumsofWar to lynch Arcan.  In Reply #151, still voting to lynch Arcan though its obvious Arcan was DoW's target.
Lavarinth - Probably ok.  Did not re-vote after Aek's death to execute DoW.  Questioned Thalraxal's first vote to lynch DoW.
mAc Chaos - Started off strong, but has now become more quiet since the tide shifted to DoW.  Voted late.
ShadowFlare - Made final vote to execute DoW, but at that point, it was given who was going to be executed.  May have been ploy to detract attention.
tipereth - As quiet as DoW was.

Of the remaining suspects, I find CDLVII to be recklessly infested.  His cover is blown, and it's time his body is purged of infestation.  I vote to put down CDLVII.

Don't forget to reveal your roles.
I have seen the Desler.  I have tasted of his milk and honey.
ShadowFlare

Post by ShadowFlare »

Keep in mind that my vote was of some significance, too, even if it was the last one.  Remember that DoW made a claim to being a certain Terran role, but I voted to get rid of him anyway without any discussion happening whatsoever.  It is possible some of the votes may have been swayed if I wasn't the next to post my vote.
ShadowFlare

Post by ShadowFlare »

I guess I'm just saying I'm unsure whether other people would have come to the same conclusion about his claim as I did.
tipereth
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Post by tipereth »

I don't have enough information to really make any argument against anyone right now, AA7.
mAc Chaos
Zerg Zergling Groomer
Zerg Zergling Groomer

Post by mAc Chaos »

I became more quiet on purpose because I noticed there were a lot of other people that weren't posting, so I wanted to give them a chance and didn't want them to get washed away in my posting flood.  In fact, right now, it's kind of died down, but if I had kept posting like I was with Aekenon we'd probably be on page 25 already.  I've already been down all over like ten pages so if someone wants to infer something from my posts they already have everything they need.  Besides, I'd say the case against me was strongest when MurderMasterX made it, since my only vote up to that point was for Aekenon (granted, I voted for him right off the bat just for the hell of it) but I wasn't lynched then.

Also, I'm not sure if revealing roles would be wise.  I remember asking people to do that another game and it was none other than you who said that would only help the Mafia. :P

There's only two Mafia left and they can only get 1 kill a night.  Even if we lynched an innocent each time, they'd still have to somehow squeak by for... 3 nights in a row, while also getting innocents to be lynched, without any more being foiled by the Science Vessel or being discovered by the Ghost.  It seems like an unnecessary risk then to reveal anything.
http://sanctuary-inc.net/
mAc Chaos
Zerg Zergling Groomer
Zerg Zergling Groomer

Post by mAc Chaos »

Also, we're on the right track with analyzing votes, since it's one of the only pieces of concrete evidence we have, but I think we're jumping the gun.  Before we get to DoW's votes, people who are the least likely to be guilty since they voted for the Mafia, we should be starting at the bottom of the list, with people who didn't vote at all.  I thought everybody had to vote, so I was surprised, but now that I know, what we're basically being told is that any Mafia can just lay low and let the majority amount of votes accumulate and then dodge being tied to anything.  That doesn't mean the people who didn't vote are guilty, but they should be viewed with more suspicion than people who voted but didn't vote for DoW, and people who voted for DoW himself.
mAc Chaos
Zerg Zergling Groomer
Zerg Zergling Groomer

Post by mAc Chaos »

What is THIS?  I have TWO PIES.  My PIES are beginning to ACCUMULATE.  Soon I will be able to open a restaurant.
Milldawg
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Post by Milldawg »

Everyone did actually vote, it's just that a bunch of people voted for Aekenon, and when he got SHOT, their votes became null, and they didn't revote.
Mucky

Post by Mucky »

AA7, if we were to follow your instructions on revealing their role, it would betray who the Ghost/Medic/Vessel are, even if they post "Role Sensitive." It would narrow down the Zerg's search for vital roles. I can't help but think you may have ulterior motives.

I'm not sure if everyone noticed CDLVII's latest post (I almost missed it), where he again votes for Arcan. DoW, a confirmed infested Terran, voted for Arcan the day before. That's enough for me to decide who to vote for today. That would be Dr. CDLVII, PhD.
Milldawg

Post by Milldawg »

VICTIM <---- VOTER

Arcan <---- CDLVII
CDLVII <---- AA7Dragoon, Arcan, Mucky
AA7Dragoon

Post by AA7Dragoon »

Mucky wrote: AA7, if we were to follow your instructions on revealing their role, it would betray who the Ghost/Medic/Vessel are, even if they post "Role Sensitive." It would narrow down the Zerg's search for vital roles. I can't help but think you may have ulterior motives.

I'm not sure if everyone noticed CDLVII's latest post (I almost missed it), where he again votes for Arcan. DoW, a confirmed infested Terran, voted for Arcan the day before. That's enough for me to decide who to vote for today. That would be Dr. CDLVII, PhD.
At this point, I am fairly confident we have won this.  And yes, I was the first to notice CDL's obvious mistake of again voting for Arcan, who is presumably innocent.  I am certain he is one of the next infested.  The reason why I believe we should reveal the roles at this point, is because our overwhelming advantage will make it that much easier to pinpoint the remaining infested.  After CDL, I have some suspicions, however, I need more details besides who voted for who.
I have seen the Desler.  I have tasted of his milk and honey.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

CDLVII.

(Note, I'll be out of town until Tuesday night in Vegas. Not sure if I'll have internet but I'll attempt to take a laptop.)
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
ShadowFlare

Post by ShadowFlare »

CDLVII, if you have any important role, you had better speak up now.  Like if, for example, you are the real medic.