Those that are making a return to the community to make starcraft 2 campaigns.

Moderator: Milldawg

Aekenon
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Re: Those that are making a return to the community to make starcraft 2 campaign

Post by Aekenon »

Maglok wrote: Yeah I kind of don't do AIM anymore, also this is about people starting projects. ;)
He is around, though. And I wouldn't be surprised at all if he tried to do something with StarCraft II.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: Those that are making a return to the community to make starcraft 2 campaigns.

Post by Lavarinth »

So.. What happened to Sodon's site? (quickly off topic for a bit)
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
AA7Dragoon
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Re: Those that are making a return to the community to make starcraft 2 campaign

Post by AA7Dragoon »

Sodon was my apprentice, you know.
I have seen the Desler.  I have tasted of his milk and honey.
Aekenon
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by Aekenon »

After, like, years of nothing really happening on Oi, despite rebirth after rebirth, he decided it was high time to stop paying for it.

...And then he bought a new domain, http://www.acommonthing.com/.  He intends to make it a place for his stories and such, but for now it's just a forum that a few remaining Oiers explore semi-regularly.  Most Oier interaction is through AIM these days, however.

That's basically it.  If he or anybody decided to start a new project, though, he'd surely host it there.  It may* just become a new generation StarCraft site...!

* yeah right
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

Well Sodon actually finished some WC3 shit. :)
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: Those that are making a return to the community to make starcraft 2 campaigns.

Post by Lavarinth »

There were those RPG2k games as well, those were entertaining, but not by Sodon I think. Speaking of all this.. Still talk to Adun, Aek? You should get him to come 8)! over here.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Negi
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Negi »

Sodon made that awesome RPG, fool.  The Oi RPG game.  It was a full-length game.  That game was sick as hell, son!
[size=200]Post Count +1[/size]
Aekenon
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by Aekenon »

Lavarinth wrote: There were those RPG2k games as well, those were entertaining, but not by Sodon I think. Speaking of all this.. Still talk to Adun, Aek? You should get him to come 8)! over here.
Yeah, we continue to maintain our daily communications, playing whatever random games currently strike our fancy.  I think he still lurks around here somewhat.  But unfortunately, he probably doesn't feel like he has anything worthwhile to say.  Of course we all know that's not true, Adun...!
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

Can't someone cast 'SUMMON SODON' and 'SUMMON ADUN'?
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
Meta
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Meta »

Adun was awesome. 8)!
AA7Dragoon

Post by AA7Dragoon »

Everybody loved Adun!
I have seen the Desler.  I have tasted of his milk and honey.
Ross
Terran Refinery Attendant
Terran Refinery Attendant

Post by Ross »

Revan wrote:
Ross wrote: One thing I'd like to see in Starcraft 2 is a create a unit or create a character function like they got in the smackdown vs. Raw games. To bad we'll never see that tho.
Hmm? Maybe open the World Editor (that little programme included with Warcraft 3).
Thats not what I ment but I guess I can't explain what I mean.
Revan
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant

Post by Revan »

Ross wrote:
Ok. I'm just curios about what feature you want to see in a strategy game which is in that fighting game, but if you can't explain, then you can't.
Signature can be found here.
Negi

Post by Negi »

Revan wrote:
Ross wrote:
Ok. I'm just curios about what feature you want to see in a strategy game which is in that fighting game, but if you can't explain, then you can't.
You people are goddamn stupid as hell.

He's talking about a unit generator of some sort where you can make your units look different (think create-a-character in mass effect or WoW).  Basically, choose faces, skin color, abilities, attack type for heroes.  Basically so you can create a completely new hero inside the map editor without having to re-skin shit.
[size=200]Post Count +1[/size]
Revan

Post by Revan »

Right. That could happen one day, at least for the heroes. Would take too much time to implement it for all units.
Signature can be found here.